|The Help Desk
Connecting with Windows 95/98
have a modem or ISDN card joined to a phone line, Windows 95 will provide everything you
need to connect to the Internet. To create a dial-up networking connection to LEOnet,
please follow the steps below carefully.
A: Checking Your Modem Connection
- On your desktop, double click the My
- Next, double click the Control Panel icon.
- Select and double click on Modems.
If your modem is installed, please proceed to "Configuring Your Internet
- If you dont have a modem installed:
- Click the Add button, which will
give you an option to add a new modem.
- If you click on the Next button, your
machine will detect your modem for you. After the detection process is complete, click Finish.
Your modem should now be set up.
B: Configuring Your Internet Connection
- On the desktop, double click the My
- Double click the Dial-Up Networking
- Double click on the Make New Connection
icon to launch the Connection Wizard.
- For the name of your connection, type in LEOnet
and click Next.
- When prompted, enter LEOnets server
number: 0181 491 8000
- Click Next and then Finish.
- Congratulations! You are now able to connect
to the Internet.
C: If You Do Not Have Dial-Up Networking
- On the Desktop, double click on the My
- Double click on the Control Panel.
- Double click the Add/Remove Programs
- Then click the Windows Setup tab and
click on the Communications entry to hilight it.
- Click on the Details button in the
right corner. If the Dial-Up Networking box is not ticked, then tick it.
- Click the OK button in the Add/Remove
Programs properties window. At this point, your computer may ask for your install
media (e.g. your CD or disks) in order to install the Dial-Up Networking components. You
may need to restart your computer again.
- Once back into the system, open up My
Computer and select Dial-Up Networking.
Then follow the steps in part B, Configuring
Your Internet Connection.